Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the new jack in the box commercial make anyone else uncomfortable?
(09-11-2014, 05:31 PM)capntightpants Wrote: I like JITB over most of the other big chain fast food burger restaurants except Carl's Jr., In n Out and Five Guys.

I'm waiting for the big Five Guys In n Out merger.
(09-11-2014, 05:29 PM)capntightpants Wrote: I don't see the part where he makes himself smaller. The tag line is "A burrito so big, it makes everything seem smaller".

I think the commercial is showing that Jack has always been that size (as tall as the other actors), and the midgets are supposed to be "normal people sized" as well. It's just the burrito makes them all look smaller.

Still a bad commercial, but I don't think it's Jack lowering himself to the size of the midgets.
I hate it when you're smarter than me!
Then again, I was kind of drunk.
(09-11-2014, 05:31 PM)Nat Purcell Wrote: *Annoying Devil's Advocate Post*

Well...you aaaaaarrreeee talking about it, so the ad worked.
I am such a sucker.
(09-11-2014, 05:31 PM)capntightpants Wrote: I like JITB over most of the other big chain fast food burger restaurants except Carl's Jr., In n Out and Five Guys.
Y'know, Leslie and I got some Five Guys a few weeks ago. Two burgers, two fries (which was a mistake since they give you so much) and two sodas. It was almost $30!

Then, after I got it all home and we opened them up, Leslie discovered she didn't like it. I had to eat her 3/4 of a burger so I wouldn't feel like a dumbass for spending $30 on a burger.

So I just felt like a fat piece of shit instead.
Yeah, I think 5 guys is overrated. I mean, it's a cheeseburger and therefore delicious, but it's not the be all end all. I'd rather have a Big Mac or a Whopper than 5 guys. Awesome fries though.
[Image: shield_identicard_by_winterroseasfr-d3ez4ud.jpg]
(09-11-2014, 05:31 PM)Gunter Wrote: He was the original Don Draper!

I know!

I don't like Five Guys. We don't have the others here unless Hardee's is exactly like Carl's Jr. We have those. They're okay at best.
(09-11-2014, 05:53 PM)Amy Wrote: I don't like Five Guys. We don't have the others here unless Hardee's is exactly like Carl's Jr. We have those. They're okay at best.

I'm okay with Five Guys. I'll pick In n Out over that burger any day, though. Still, I personally feel Five Guys is overrated and overpriced.

But regardless of price and it's place in the pantheon of ff burgers overall, I'll put it about JITB.
(09-11-2014, 06:01 PM)capntightpants Wrote: I'm okay with Five Guys. I'll pick In n Out over that burger any day. I personally feel Five Guys is overrated and overpriced.

But regardless of price and it's place in the pantheon of ff burgers overall, I'll put it about JITB.

We don't have it out here, but when I lived in Cali I ate there fairly regularly. I like the 24 hour breakfast. They always had a good sourdough bacon cheeseburger too.

I never understood why Mcdonald's doesn't do that, or make breakfast only stores.
[Image: shield_identicard_by_winterroseasfr-d3ez4ud.jpg]
(09-11-2014, 06:04 PM)Nat Purcell Wrote: We don't have it out here, but when I lived in Cali I ate there fairly regularly. I like the 24 hour breakfast. They always had a good sourdough bacon cheeseburger too.

I never understood why Mcdonald's doesn't do that, or make breakfast only stores.

Something to do with "Operational complications", whatever that means. That's what was said in a recent businessweek article about McD's trademarking the word "McBrunch", that signaled a possible longer breakfast time campaign in their future.

The McGriddle is a weakness of mine.
(09-11-2014, 02:49 AM)Amy Wrote: that's not a good marketing ploy

They should have had the rest of the team be all big guys on women talking about the product, then save the shot of little Jack holding the thing for the end. That would have worked.
[Image: 13084288_1099503796757568_47608651_n_zpse2yxzq3y.jpg]
There are no Jack in the Cracks around here either. I really miss the little deep fried tacos. Especially at about 3 a.m. I loved those things.

But yeah, thats a bad ad.
Signatures. How quaint.