Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
The Thread about Star Wars without jerks in it starring Carl Weathers
(05-23-2019, 10:38 AM)The Robot Lord of Tokyo Wrote: https://youtu.be/S4e37QsJNuE

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Clap
[Image: PK2000_zps3l9lwfgk.jpg]
(05-23-2019, 10:43 AM)TIP Wrote: Clap
I miss Better Off Ted.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
(05-23-2019, 10:47 AM)The Robot Lord of Tokyo Wrote: I miss Better Off Ted.

Best show ABC ever canned.
(02-20-2016, 11:00 AM)Jason Wrote: Morty wept

(02-20-2016, 11:01 AM)LETTERS Wrote: Morty is Morty.
(05-23-2019, 10:36 AM)The Robot Lord of Tokyo Wrote: Agree. All the locations in the prequels all feel so light and fluffy, with no sense of danger. Case in point, Mos Eisley in A New Hope looks like a place you don't want to fuck around with. But in The Phantom Menace? It really has no sense of crime or danger.

That could have been because that wasn't supposed to be Mos Eisley in The Phantom Menace, it was a place called Mos Espa.

(05-23-2019, 10:36 AM)The Robot Lord of Tokyo Wrote: That's what always felt off about the prequels. In the original trilogy and the current trilogy, the Force and Jedi/Sith are almost folk tales since they barely exist in those worlds. You get a better feel how the criminal element jockeys for power.

Yet in the prequels, it felt like the Jedi presence was everywhere, despite there not being more then 400 Jedi in the universe. Maybe it would be different if the Jedi were like the Green Lantern Corps where they had a Jedi assigned to every major system. But until the Clone Wars, it seemed liked the Jedi just stayed mostly around their main temple.

Part of the intention with the Prequels was to show that society in general (at least in the core worlds) was once in much better shape than it became after the Empire took over.
I think a lot of the mystique of the Jedi hinged on where you lived in the galaxy.

If you lived one of the galactic hub worlds, you probably know about the Jedi, but probably never saw one in-person. Probably only see or hear about them from news programs.

If you lived your whole life on an outer-rim world, you would likely not be all that concerned about wars or Republic affairs, and you may or may not know what Jedi are, and if you do know what they are, you may be skeptical about them and the stories about their "magical" powers. The exception would be if you were a deeply spiritual person, then you'd probably know more about the Jedi and the Force than the average person out there.

Out of a galaxy of trillions of people, probably only a tiny fraction has ever seen a Jedi in-person, and even less than that seen them in action.
(02-20-2016, 11:00 AM)Jason Wrote: Morty wept

(02-20-2016, 11:01 AM)LETTERS Wrote: Morty is Morty.
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
[Image: 3l0v74.gif]
(05-24-2019, 03:59 PM)TIP Wrote: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
[Image: 3l0v74.gif]

This gif took its time loading for some reason; but because it was moving so slowly, I saw the shadow of Jango's head flying out of the helmet much clearer than I ever have before.
(05-24-2019, 04:08 PM)David Aspmo Wrote: This gif took its time loading for some reason; but because it was moving so slowly, I saw the shadow of Jango's head flying out of the helmet much clearer than I ever have before.

Yep!

LOL
Kids!

Star Wars was released 42 years ago today.

[Image: lJZz3bPeo5OuppCPris0YyM70dsefSNd0xNyTbZk...93bf303c68]