Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
When there’s no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Official Horror Thread
I miss Andreas giving a glowing review to every horror movie ever made.
(09-13-2014, 10:35 AM)MIKE D Wrote: I miss Andreas giving a glowing review to every horror movie ever made.

Big Grin Yeah, apparently everything was beyond amazing.
Heh. I like the guy, though.
I watched Willow Creek, the Bobcat Goldthwaite found footage Bigfoot movie. Found footage movies are okay if they're done right. I was disappointed in this. In my experience Bobcat has some really nice concepts but they lose something in the process of putting them on film.
(09-13-2014, 01:08 AM)Garth Wrote: How was it?

I'm a huge Boris Karloff fan and I really enjoyed it. It's a good mix of science fiction and horror with some really cool visuals and a great mad scientist performance from Karloff.

(09-13-2014, 01:37 AM)Jef UK Wrote: I watched the pilot to From Dusk Till Dawn on Netflix the other night and was surprised by how much I liked it. I think I'll watch the next one now! Anybody else watching this?

I just recently discovered that I get El Rey network On Demand but they're not showing this yet.

(09-13-2014, 08:32 AM)Adrian B AWESOME Wrote: I love Freaks.

One of us, one of us. Gooble-gobble, gooble-gobble!
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison
(09-13-2014, 11:32 AM)Gunter Wrote: I watched Willow Creek, the Bobcat Goldthwaite found footage Bigfoot movie. Found footage movies are okay if they're done right. I was disappointed in this. In my experience Bobcat has some really nice concepts but they lose something in the process of putting them on film.

Bummer! I've heard good things. I have it here and need to watch it.
(09-13-2014, 04:23 PM)Garth Wrote: Bummer! I've heard good things. I have it here and need to watch it.

A lot of people thought it was great.
(09-13-2014, 09:19 AM)Brother Power the Gong Wrote: This arrived, but I haven't had a chance to watch it.

This and Onibaba are great.

Love this.
(09-13-2014, 08:09 AM)Garth Wrote: Is the Tarantino character still a rapist with a foot fetish?

i never noticed a foot fetish.
i just noticed the smoldering buddy holly thing he had going on.
There was a 13 Horror Movies thread where I watched 25 movies and half of them got a grade between 1 and 4 (of 10), which included movies like 28 Days Later..., 1408, The Happening, and both Hostel movies. It was a slaughterfest. But yeah, usually I try to see the good in what the makers wanted to achieve. Smile

Rigor Mortis is in my player. I didn't read anything about it before and already watched the first half. The main character, a former actor who has become the latest tenant in a run down apartment complex, kills himself in the first minutes, is possessed by a demon, and is saved in the last minute. A lot of people seem to have died in the building, some have been brought back to life, the cinematography is fantastic, the movie pulls you in, and I have no idea what's going on. The way I like my genre movies.

(I'm doing it again, right? Shifty )