Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
When there’s no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Official Horror Thread
Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!
Glad you came in Andreas!
The Thing that Couldn't Die (1958)

[Image: 640px-ThingDie.jpg]

Just caught this on Svengoolie and thought it was alright. Not a great movie but it does have some unsettling visuals specifically the disembodied head of Gideon Drew played by Robin Hughes. His character was beheaded for sorcery in the 16th century and his head was buried in a box without his body. 400 years later the box is found by a girl with psychic powers. Once the box is opened the head awakens and begins controlling peoples' minds in an effort to reunite with his body. You're probably better off watching the MST3K version of this movie.
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison
(09-13-2014, 08:09 AM)Garth Wrote: Is the Tarantino character still a rapist with a foot fetish?

I'm on episode 5 or so. They definitely have his character approach being rapey.

I'm still enjoying the show, but so far, it's completely avoiding the entire premise of being "from dusk 'til dawn." It's all the day before the dusk, and the day before that too.

I think my only real criticism is how much they jump around the timeline of events, and sometimes it's a little confusing.

Also, the daughter character actress looks EXACTLY like a young Jenna from 30 Rock. They have the exact same faces. It's eerie.
i know i posted this in the last movie you watched thread, but i enjoyed it.
not "jump out of your skin" scary by any means, but theres a great sense of dread throughout the whole thing and i really enjoyed it.

A couple weeks ago, I had heard about a little movie called, "In the Mouth of Madness". A John Carpenter directed Cthulu movie? How the hell had this passed me by??

Anyway, I watch it and it's fan-fucking-tastic. Really, really creepy and does some really great horror and generally creepy scenes (kid/old man on a bike, the changing painting, the kids chasing the dog, etc etc) Actually the more subtle, less in your face stuff I found to be much more terrifying.
Is it as good as The Curse (1987) with Wil Wheaton? Angel
[Image: 10626475_10152661041409526_2995439631590...663225.jpg]

Brian Defferding
Freelance Illustrator / Comic Self-Publisher
http://www.deftoons.com
Madhouse (1974)

[Image: Madhouseposter.jpg]

Vincent Price plays Paul Toombes a horror actor famous for playing the character Dr. Death with Peter Cushing playing the writer of the Dr. Death film series. During a New Years Eve party Toombes' fiancee is killed. He wakes up to find her decapitated and the shock drives him to be institutionalized. Years later he decides to revive the character for a TV series and people start to die in ways similar to his films.

Far from either Cushing or Price's best film both horror icons are in good form here and there's plenty of disturbing imagery. There's also brief cameos from Basil Rathbone and Boris Karloff as shown in clips from other movies. While it's not a must see film from any of those horror alums it does provide us with an interesting and exciting mystery that keeps us guessing 'who dun it'.
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Some Marvel Bronze Age Horror. Roy Thomas and Gil Kane adapt Robert E. Howard's "Dig Me No Grave;" Steve Englehart and Ralph Reese do a nifty little piece called "House;" and Steve Skeates and Jim Starlin (inked by Mike Ploog) close it out with "You Show Me Your Dream…I'll Show You Mine."

Very solid. It's great to see these heavyweights from the classic Marvel Bullpen doing these kinda of stories.