Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The NEW Music Thread
(01-26-2018, 07:23 PM)FourColorFrenzy Wrote: This one goes out to Ben from someplace.  Keep it Fearless!   Sleepy

I think this is the best song from the new album. And it solves a lot of the problems I had with Shake It Off. Like people who "shake it off" don't usually write songs about the whole thing, suggesting you haven't shaken anything off at all. But this song's more like "Yeah, some bad shit happened and people were mean to me, but I have other things in my life that are good and I need to remember that." But it's obviously a very different style of song. And yeah, I think a lot about Taylor Swift lyrics.

(04-13-2018, 05:23 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Ben, that was a pretty good post! Thanks!
Switch Friend Code: SW-3450-8782-7709
Picked up / downloaded the The End of the Fucking World soundtrack by Graham Coxon today. It's been playing pretty much non-stop since. If you're a fan of Blur's quirkier stuff or Coxon himself- then it's a must! Not much in the way of rock songs but some moody, acoustic guitar work mixed in with some rockier songs.

(01-26-2018, 07:16 PM)FourColorFrenzy Wrote:

I guess Vince's first album was 2 years ago now, but it's still in heavy rotation at casa de la FCF.  one of the few still talking about what life is really like on those streets and not flashing his chains.

highlight lyrics:

Knowin' change gonna come like Obama and them say
But they shootin' everyday 'round my mama and them way
So we put an AK where Kiana and them stay
And that's for any n***a say he got a problem with me

I've read his name for the last couple years but this is the first time I've knowingly listened to one of his songs. Good stuff! Thanks.
(01-26-2018, 08:27 PM)Ben Wrote: I think this is the best song from the new album. And it solves a lot of the problems I had with Shake It Off. Like people who "shake it off" don't usually write songs about the whole thing, suggesting you haven't shaken anything off at all. But this song's more like "Yeah, some bad shit happened and people were mean to me, but I have other things in my life that are good and I need to remember that." But it's obviously a very different style of song. And yeah, I think a lot about Taylor Swift lyrics.

This is gayer than your Second Life prostitution.
(01-26-2018, 09:47 PM)Dusto Wrote: This is gayer than your Second Life prostitution.

Can't they be equally gay?

I discovered these guys in 2016. One of my favorite discoveries of the past couple years.
These guys were on Colbert last week and I liked what I saw.

does this count? it is a new recording...

Picked up / downloaded the debut release from Legend of the Seagullmen which features guitarist Brent Hines from Mastadon, the drummer from Tool and some other guys I don't know.

If you like rock / prog rock from the 70s- then you'll probably dig this. It sounds like a band fronted by Nick Cave heavily influenced by Floyd, Sabbath, Maiden and HP Lovecraft. Cheesey songs which would fit perfectly on an 80s horror flick based off of an HP Lovecraft story.

This song should give you a good idea of what to expect.

(02-10-2018, 05:15 PM)WesleyCraigGreen Wrote: Picked up / downloaded the debut release from Legend of the Seagullmen which features guitarist Brent Hines from Mastadon, the drummer from Tool and some other guys I don't know.

If you like rock / prog rock from the 70s- then you'll probably dig this. It sounds like a band fronted by Nick Cave heavily influenced by Floyd, Sabbath, Maiden and HP Lovecraft. Cheesey songs which would fit perfectly on an 80s horror flick based off of an HP Lovecraft story.

This song should give you a good idea of what to expect.

awesome, thanks!