Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The NEW Music Thread
(02-10-2018, 05:42 PM)Wastrel Wrote: awesome, thanks!

Emotrock2wn 

There's a YouTube video of a show they did not too long ago where they play the entire album. It's worth checking out.

(01-26-2018, 06:18 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: I might not be doing this right, but so be it. These guys aren't brand new, but to me they fall within the last year of discovery, and they're from like an hour away from me, so there's that.

I'm seeing those dudes with Jeff Rosenstock in San Francisco a couple of weeks from now. Stoked! 

Jeff's new album is a certified banger, BTW.

Sweet!
Car Seat Headrest is pretty good. My niece introduced them to me when she was here in December and had me download their album Twin Fantasy, which originally came out in 2011 on Bandcamp but which comes out in a completely rerecorded version today. This song references Ana Ng, which is cool:

(02-16-2018, 12:02 PM)Dusto Wrote: Car Seat Headrest is pretty good. My niece introduced them to me when she was here in December and had me download their album Twin Fantasy, which originally came out in 2011 on Bandcamp but which comes out in a completely rerecorded version today. This song references Ana Ng, which is cool:

I forgot about this coming out today! I've got Teens of Denial which is great and is highly recommended!

I thought this was the New Mutants thread.
A songwriter I learned about recently, Sam Baker. I don't know if people listen to this kind of music anymore, and it's not like you are introduced to music like this through the radio here.

I really like the album Light Up Gold, by Parquet Courts, whom I discovered a few years back. They have a new album coming out soon that I think might be their breakthrough. Their first three albums were kind of shambolic, but the new one is produced by Danger Mouse, and the lead single is pretty polished for them without losing any of their charm:

The first song I've heard by these guys, but it's pretty great. Kind of like The Sweet or KISS but modern:

I've been playing Deafheaven's newest for the past week now and it gets better with each listen.

I've heard of them before I picked this up but I'm not a fan of black metal at all. I saw a couple of glowing reviews on YouTube for this new album which led to me checking out a couple of videos from the new release and I was sold.

This album is a mish-mash of black metal (mostly vocals), REM, The Smiths, Floyd, and Iron Maiden. I can't recommend it enough.