Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The NEW Music Thread
The new Sunn O))) album, Life Metal, is their best in years. It's a back to basics album produced by Steve Albini. They haven't really sounded much like this since White 1 and White 2. I also love Black One, but that's a departure from their core sound. Same with Monoliths and Dimensions. It's nice to hear them get back to overtones and drones. And Albini's production is as crisp as you'd expect. It adds a different flavor to the sound, so it's not just more of the same. Album of the year thus far.
This isn't completely new, last few years, but I've been listening to it a lot lately. Baby Spiders, featuring the lead singer/guitarist of Lotion and the drummer of Lotion. Lotion is a top ten favorite band for me, so I'm excited they got half the band back together (for the second time; Honeycomb was another good project of theirs):

Here's my favorite Honeycomb track:

Less hard rocking than Baby Spiders, but poppy in a good way.
Not the best Lotion song, but the one I love to post:

This isn't as shitty as it should be. In fact, it's pretty good:

(07-10-2019, 08:55 PM)Dusto Wrote: This isn't as shitty as it should be. In fact, it's pretty good:

And it's Studio M at MPR!

I worked there for a LONG (non-Doc) time and used to sit behind the drum booth and smoke.
[Image: PK2000_zps3l9lwfgk.jpg]
That being said, Les is actually bringing out some decent stuff from Sean.

And that's a first for that lil' Lennon.

IMO
[Image: PK2000_zps3l9lwfgk.jpg]
(07-11-2019, 12:52 AM)TIP Wrote: That being said, Les is actually bringing out some decent stuff from Sean.

And that's a first for that lil' Lennon.

IMO

Agreed!
There's an album he did with his girlfriend a couple of years ago, The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger. I haven't heard the entire album but I've heard a handful of songs from it and they were all pretty good. Plus his girlfriend is easy on the eyes....grrrrrr.