Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Batcave: The Official All Things Batman Thread
Goddamned and otherwise, we'll be discussing the Caped Crusader, the Dark Knight, the Bat in all his myriad incarnations.

New52, Old 52, Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis, Elseworlds, TV, Movies, etc.

Bring your words as well as your favorite covers, pages and panels, action figures, sketches and original art, reviews — whatever Batman you got, put it here.

Hell, even if you post some shit in another thread, feel free to paste it here.

[Image: IMG_6969.JPG]
On the frivolous things that mean a lot to me list it’s something like “Beatles, Batman, Star Wars, New York Giants.”

If anything deserves its own thread it’s Batman.

I worked with a dude recently who was a self-described “huge batman fan” and hadn’t ever read any comics. It pissed me off more than it should have.
[Image: shield_identicard_by_winterroseasfr-d3ez4ud.jpg]
[Image: 959429-detective_comics_579.jpg]

My first Batman comic I was 10 or a 11. Read the shit out of it. Detective was my go to Bat Book at the time. I had been reading marvel for 6-months to a year at that point but got big into the bat afterwards.
(09-13-2014, 12:14 PM)Nat Purcell Wrote: My first Batman comic I was 10 or a 11. Read the shit out of it. Detective was my go to Bat Book at the time. I had been reading marvel for 6-months to a year at that point but got big into the bat afterwards.

Nice. Breyfogle's art is great. Loved the way he did Batman.
ok, this sig is gonna get old fast. Seemed funnier in my head.
(09-13-2014, 12:10 PM)Nat Purcell Wrote: On the frivolous things that mean a lot to me list it’s something like “Beatles, Batman, Star Wars, New York Giants.”

I worked with a dude recently who was a self-described “huge batman fan” and hadn’t ever read any comics. It pissed me off more than it should have.

Yeah, Batman as pop culture icon cuts both ways. But, it's better he has attained that status, I think.

Sweet cover.
(09-13-2014, 12:24 PM)Brother Power the Gong Wrote: Yeah, Batman as pop culture icon cuts both ways. But, it's better he has attained that status, I think.

I agree, but the kid was a total knob otherwise so I just ran with it.
(09-13-2014, 12:10 PM)Nat Purcell Wrote: On the frivolous things that mean a lot to me list it’s something like “Beatles, Batman, Star Wars, New York Giants.”

I hate to break this news to you, but that ballclub moved to San Francisco in 1957. I'm pretty sure that's what you must be talking about because I can't think of any other any other professional sports team of consequence in North America aside from that one with the name 'Giants'.

I'm really racking my brain here, but I just can't think of one.
[Image: 23hu877.gif]
(09-13-2014, 12:19 PM)Nat Purcell Wrote: ok, this sig is gonna get old fast. Seemed funnier in my head.

Sad

I appreciated that you brought it back. I was sad when it got banned on the old board. Sure, it was overused, but it had its place.
[Image: 23hu877.gif]

An all-time favorite: The First Batman. 1956.

Bill Finger and Sheldon Moldoff.

This story heavily influenced Morrison's RIP and the somewhat-under-the-radar classic Untold Legend of the Batman.