Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Batcave: The Official All Things Batman Thread
There are so many issues/arcs of Legends of the Dark Knight I never read. It came out when I was like 12 or so, and it really wasn’t for me.

I wish DC was doing a book like that currently, even though i never bought the old one regularly. I just like the idea of it existing.
And the title should stay, that’s gold.
(09-13-2014, 12:59 PM)Your pal Jim Wrote: How about Frank Miller's Year One and Dark Knight Returns?

Moore's The Killing Joke? Morrison's Arkham Asylum?

Loeb & Sale's Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Haunted Knight?

Azzarello & Bermejo's Joker?

Brubaker's The Man Who Laughs?

Dini & Timm's Mad Love?

Neal Adams and Marshall Rogers both have good Batman-centric collections. And there's a series of Batman In The... collections by decade (Forties, Fifties, etc) that do a good job.

Boom. I wish those Aparo collections weren't already OOP (the first one, at least). I kick myself for not buying them.
(09-13-2014, 01:03 PM)Carl G. Wrote: I filled in a few gaps at some of the cons a few years back with some of the essentials: the Loeb and Sale stuff, Killing Joke, Dark Knight I read when I was in High School, the Grendel crossovers, etc. The self contained Batman stories are far easier to get into than the DCU stuff (surprise, surprise). Next year I'm planning a rewatch of all the animated series + Beyond (maybe even JLU if I have the time)

Hmmm.

You might like the Batman: Black And White collections. Four volumes, all short stories, all interesting creators.
[Image: ZURFndf.jpg]
(09-13-2014, 01:55 PM)Your pal Jim Wrote: Hmmm.

You might like the Batman: Black And White collections. Four volumes, all short stories, all interesting creators.

Hmm.

For some reason I thought I already had those but I just checked the shelf and I don't. I may have been thinking of the Grendel:Black White and Red stuff which I know I have somewhere in this apartment.
[Image: 23hu877.gif]
(09-13-2014, 01:16 PM)Brother Power the Gong Wrote: Boom. I wish those Aparo collections weren't already OOP (the first one, at least). I kick myself for not buying them.

Yep! That's the world we're living in now - collections printed close to original orders. And collected editions just as sought after as the back issues themselves!
[Image: ZURFndf.jpg]
(09-13-2014, 02:00 PM)Your pal Jim Wrote: Yep! That's the world we're living in now - collections printed close to original orders. And collected editions just as sought after as the back issues themselves!

To buy the books, I could just get the issues themselves.

WHICH IS WHAT I'M DOING. SLOWLY.
(09-13-2014, 12:14 PM)Nat Purcell Wrote: [Image: 959429-detective_comics_579.jpg]

My first Batman comic I was 10 or a 11. Read the shit out of it. Detective was my go to Bat Book at the time. I had been reading marvel for 6-months to a year at that point but got big into the bat afterwards.

This was my first Batman comic. It was a two parter. I never got the second part.

[Image: 24038627564_434.gif]
(09-13-2014, 03:32 PM)Gunter Wrote: This was my first Batman comic. It was a two parter. I never got the second part.

[Image: 24038627564_434.gif]

Ha. I got last a ways back and I still need to get the follow-up, as well. The Spook is an elusive adversary!
(09-13-2014, 03:48 PM)Brother Power the Gong Wrote: Ha. I got last a ways back and I still need to get the follow-up, as well. The Spook is an elusive adversary!

There are times I think about getting the next issue. Then I wonder if it will live up to the hype in my mind.