Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Classic Video Games | What games did you use to play?
The original Final Fantasy and FF 3 especially. Kid Icarus, Streets of Rage, Castle of Illusion, Section Z, and Megaman 2, Bionic Commando!
Functional Introvert - Spending most my life living in the gangsta's paradise.
(09-13-2014, 04:44 PM)Blake Sims Wrote: I played goldeneye for like an hour last night.

Yes! Goldeneye was really one of the first games where it seemed like playing against your friends overtook playing the game in single-player. Guys used to have tournaments for it. I never owned it, so I'd consistently get beat down when playing capture the flag or any of those other ones.

(09-13-2014, 04:56 PM)Matt Jay Wrote: Secret of Mana was one of my first RPGs. Blew my mind. Nothing else I've played has ever captured that particular magic.

Secret of Mana was pretty amazing. My cousin played that game all the time. I had Illusions of Gaia, which was also a pretty remarkable RPG for the time.
(09-13-2014, 04:56 PM)Matt Jay Wrote: Secret of Mana was one of my first RPGs. Blew my mind. Nothing else I've played has ever captured that particular magic.

i feel that way about chrono trigger.
it was the most epic story id ever experienced.
my friend rented SOM and we did the coop. eventually it was due back which means we would lose our save, so he bought a new copy and told the store he was keeping the one he rented.
i dont think we ever actually beat it. i did, years later via emulator.
also got to play secret of mana 2 (seiken densetsu 3) via emulator as well. fucking fantastic. check it out if youve never played it!
oh shit! just found out the name of that cat detective game!
ROCKIN KATS!

One of my all time favorite games on the atari was Kaboom.
Bad Dudes. The answer is Bad Dudes
But my most favorite game of all time, one in which I've gone to flea markets to purchase an old atari and a cartridge to play is Megamania.

That game was the shit. The commercial for it was a work of art. I wish I still had one of our old Atari systems to play it again because just thinking about it makes me yearn.
(09-13-2014, 06:30 PM)HumphreyLee Wrote: Bad Dudes. The answer is Bad Dudes

Oh damn! I'd forgotten entirely about Bad Dudes. I think I only played the arcade version, was it also on home console?

[Image: gfs_4510_2_7.jpg]

You're fighting on top of big rigs!! So bad!
Oh man, Commander Keen and the original side-scrolling Duke Nukems from Apogee.
(09-13-2014, 05:22 PM)Semaj Leachim Wrote: i feel that way about chrono trigger.
it was the most epic story id ever experienced.
my friend rented SOM and we did the coop. eventually it was due back which means we would lose our save, so he bought a new copy and told the store he was keeping the one he rented.
i dont think we ever actually beat it. i did, years later via emulator.
also got to play secret of mana 2 (seiken densetsu 3) via emulator as well. fucking fantastic. check it out if youve never played it!

Final Fantasy I loved, but I think Final Fantasy 3 was the one that absolutely blew my mind for what they attempted story-wise. Adored Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger, and I feel like I should play those again.