Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Classic Video Games | What games did you use to play?
(09-13-2014, 07:26 PM)c. page Wrote: Final Fantasy I loved, but I think Final Fantasy 3 was the one that absolutely blew my mind for what they attempted story-wise. Adored Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger, and I feel like I should play those again.

oh, ff3 (vi, american scum!) definitely had a better story than chrono trigger, but chrono triggers was more epic. with all the possible endings and characters, it was just incredible. the battle system was phenomenal.
but ff3 will always be the better story. its much more personal than epic.
Beat Streets Of Rage for the first time ever in co-op mode with a mate a few years ago now. I'd been trying to beat that game for nearly twenty years. I felt like crying.

As of right now I've been playing Marvel Vs. SNK on my Neo Geo Pocket recently. That game is the nuts.
(09-13-2014, 07:34 PM)Semaj Leachim Wrote: oh, ff3 (vi, american scum!) definitely had a better story than chrono trigger, but chrono triggers was more epic. with all the possible endings and characters, it was just incredible. the battle system was phenomenal.
but ff3 will always be the better story. its much more personal than epic.

I loved the multiple endings in Chrono Trigger. It definitely felt like a logical extension of where you go after FFVI.

I didn't get enough time to play it and form the attachment that I did to VI.
Final Fantasy VI manages to make you give a fuck about 20+ characters, a pretty ridiculous feat.
We started with a Colecovision.

My sister taught me to kick ass at Smurf Rescue.

[Image: tumblr_mrhjcsvSdi1r3yxp8o1_400.gif]

and I learned to gamble badly on it, as well.

[Image: tumblr_mus1rvmzrk1r3yxp8o1_400.gif]

I had some of the nes games nobody had. Like Fester's Quest, Snake Rattle and Roll, The Guardian Legend, Shooting Range.

I always feel bad at missing out on the second Megaman Legds game, and Tron Bonne. And Capcom steadfastly refuses to PSN them.

And i'm pissed at the lack of Yoshi's island on the regular wii virtual console.
(09-13-2014, 08:03 PM)Adrian B AWESOME Wrote: Final Fantasy VI manages to make you give a fuck about 20+ characters, a pretty ridiculous feat.

Hell yeah. Why don't they make games like that anymore? Huge cast and you can be whoever you want almost whenever you want. And I loved it when the team got separated.

I guess voice acting these days limits what can be done cast-wise. Maybe someday the software will catch up and replace voice actors.
(09-13-2014, 08:03 PM)Adrian B AWESOME Wrote: Final Fantasy VI manages to make you give a fuck about 20+ characters, a pretty ridiculous feat.

it really did.
also created some of the most fully realized female characters in games ot date.
(09-13-2014, 08:30 PM)Matt Jay Wrote: Hell yeah. Why don't they make games like that anymore? Huge cast and you can be whoever you want almost whenever you want. And I loved it when the team got separated.

I guess voice acting these days limits what can be done cast-wise. Maybe someday the software will catch up and replace voice actors.

last time i saw something like that it was chrono cross.
there was like, thirty characters to use in that game!
ooh!
police quest from sierra taught me to play poker at age 9!
My friends and I used to play Super Spike VBall on the NES until our thumbs bled.
(04-13-2018, 05:23 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Ben, that was a pretty good post! Thanks!
Switch Friend Code: SW-3450-8782-7709