Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trending Report! Week of September 14, 2014
[Image: 2nTtaOu.jpg]

This! Is the Trending Report! What are you up to this week? What new releases are you looking forward to? What obsession are you checking off the list?
[Image: ZURFndf.jpg]
Video 
Spoon are playing Thrillwaukee this Wednesday!

[Image: lHLwI2R.jpg]

Fun Milwaukee punk/geek band Crappy Dracula are also playing this week!

[Image: HwP5aNm.jpg]

Here's their song "Myth Man"!

The Bat-cowl from the 1966 Adam West show is out this week from MattyCollector... this would be a ridiculous addition to my utility belt. But I gotta hold off. Maybe I'll axe for it for Christmas.

[Image: seRlIh4.jpg]

Another Scruffy The Cat release! This one is a rarities collection. Boy, it's been famine for 25 years, and suddenly - FEAST!

[Image: 9FWO2Vj.jpg]

Finally, it seems like Frank will never make it to movie screens here, but Jessica found it's on iTunes NOW for rental! We actually watched it last night.

[Image: LbhSnQV.jpg]

That's all I know! What's all YOU know?
Rob Thomas of Veronica Mars fame, has a new mockumentary type show starting Monday night called Play it Again Dick. It's about the fake attempt to launch a VM spinoff show. Sounds weird and worth a shot. But it is airing in CW Seed. Wtf is that?

Oh man, that Bat Cowl is calling to me.
(09-14-2014, 09:07 AM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Oh man, that Bat Cowl is calling to me.

They still have the belt, too! Which I have and it's excellent.

http://www.mattycollector.com/DRHM/store...BWTfDoo7IU
Frank!!
Hannibal Season 2 on Blu-ray. Fantastic stuff.
[Image: HannibalS2_zps91d801ad.jpg]

David Lynch. Very dark. Very disturbing. Eraserhead. Criterion.
[Image: Eraserhead_zps21e6dfb0.jpg]

Multiversity: Society of Super-Heroes Conquerors of the Counter-World. This looks like fun!
[Image: MultiversitySS_zps1b9d41c7.jpg]

I have big problems with this year's Godzilla, but when Godzilla is on screen, it's awesome. So I'm thinking about grabbing this. What may tip me over the edge is this limited edition metalpak that is like a steelbook only it's also got a sound chip with audio of Godzilla's roar. Seriously.
[Image: Godzilla2014_zpsd11d2822.jpg]

All that, plus Doctor Who rolls on. Those are the big things for me this week.
[Image: yMOixta.jpg]
(09-14-2014, 09:09 AM)Adrian B AWESOME Wrote: Frank!!

It has been seen by me!

I liked it. It was weird and somewhat easy territory (The Commitments with a papier-mâché head guy?) but I liked it. They didn't cop out with the ending. I was amused by the dumb characters.

Seriously. I love shit like this.
[Image: yMOixta.jpg]
(09-14-2014, 09:11 AM)Your pal Jim Wrote: It has been seen by me!

I liked it. It was weird and somewhat easy territory (The Commitments with a papier-mâché head guy?) but I liked it. They didn't cop out with the ending. I was amused by the dumb characters.
I really liked it. I think all of us (a lot of us anyway) can connect to a guy who just loves making his bizarre music and loves his friends who somehow found him and are just like him.