Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legion Of Super Heroes Appreciation Thread
(04-04-2019, 12:17 PM)BriRedfern Wrote: Is this a pre-Doomsday Clock thing?  Was there more to Saturn-Girl-in-Arkham's story?

It's all part of the same story...well...drips and drabs here and there for the last how ever many years.
[Image: PK2000_zps3l9lwfgk.jpg]
[Image: WF8.jpg]

"Stop calling me 'Penishead-lad' and start calling me 'WILDFIRE!'"
Brainiac: *snicker* "Sure thing, 'Wildfire'" *snicker*
Signatures. How quaint.
(04-04-2019, 08:31 PM)TIP Wrote: It's all part of the same story...well...drips and drabs here and there for the last how ever many years.

I don’t much about dooms day clock but the Legion stuff seems rather lame.
Like they are seeding stuff they don’t really have a plan for.

I prefer a legion that is only loosely connected to the current time. There’s a hundred ways they could have superbly and supergirl be a sometimes part of the stories without being directly connected to every little retcon in the present. They’re a thousand years in the future and it’s comics, have some fun with it
(04-04-2019, 05:49 PM)IvCNuB4 Wrote: Bendis.   

[Image: tenor.gif]

To be fair, you didn’t have to swallow. He doesn’t care either way.
Don't swallow?  What's the point of going through all that work then?   Huh
(04-04-2019, 09:35 PM)Bradical Wrote: I don’t much about dooms day clock but the Legion stuff seems rather lame.
Like they are seeding stuff they don’t really have a plan for.

I prefer a legion that is only loosely connected to the current time. There’s a hundred ways they could have superbly and supergirl be a sometimes part of the stories without being directly connected to every little retcon in the present. They’re a thousand years in the future and it’s comics, have some fun with it

I fully agree.
I think there has always been a plan involving the Legion and also to reintroduce the JSA. Waaay back when Rebirth was in full swing Emerald Empress had come back in time to get revenge on Supergirl for some future interaction they had. Empress also popped up in a few other titles including Justice League vs Suicide Squad (Jan 2017) where she made some cryptic comment about needing to find Saturn Girl too.
Doomsday Clock has been plagued with delays so going by the original schedule this all should have been wrapped up by now. There are 3 issues left, the next one (#10) is due out May 8.

[Image: 1484124314663-e1484137776769.jpg]
Yep.

I am anxiously awaiting LOSH and JSA returning.
(04-04-2019, 11:17 PM)IvCNuB4 Wrote: Don't swallow?  What's the point of going through all that work then?   Huh

[Image: nxSwBk7.gif]

True, true . . . ROFL
(04-04-2019, 12:15 PM)BriRedfern Wrote: Strokes/folks, but this is my least favorite Frank era.  Not an eyelid to be found.

That, and the fact these were supposed to be teenagers, but they all looked like they were in their 30's. LOL
(02-20-2016, 11:00 AM)Jason Wrote: Morty wept

(02-20-2016, 11:01 AM)LETTERS Wrote: Morty is Morty.