Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many comic book series do you still collect?
I was reviewing my comics list and realize I'm down to the following.

1. Amazing Spider-Man
2. Captain America
3. Thor
4. Tony Stark Iron Man
5. Black Panther
6. Avengers
7. Champions
8. Fantastic Four
9. GI JOE A Real American Hero
10. Nightwing
11. Daredevil

I'm collecting the War of Realms main mini, the Spidey WOR mini, Doomsday Clock, and Heroes In Crisis minis as well.

Back in the day I was collecting 30 titles a month at least! But as I grew as a person and reader I realized I need to dump the titles that I don't like and stop following titles even though I like the character I don't like the direction the writer is going with them. I'm also moving towards trade waiting and reading digital copies of the comics as well.

So how many titles was your max in the heyday of your collecting and what are you now?
(05-12-2019, 12:07 PM)Zevad Wrote: I was reviewing my comics list and realize I'm down to the following.

1. Amazing Spider-Man
2. Captain America
3. Thor
4. Tony Stark Iron Man
5. Black Panther
6. Avengers
7. Champions
8. Fantastic Four
9. GI JOE A Real American Hero
10. Nightwing
11. Daredevil

I'm collecting the War of Realms main mini, the Spidey WOR mini, Doomsday Clock, and Heroes In Crisis minis as well.

Back in the day I was collecting 30 titles a month at least! But as I grew as a person and reader I realized I need to dump the titles that I don't like and stop following titles even though I like the character I don't like the direction the writer is going with them. I'm also moving towards trade waiting and reading digital copies of the comics as well.

So how many titles was your max in the heyday of your collecting and what are you now?

Monthlies:
Death stroke
The Dreaming
Green Lantern
Justice League
Guardians of the Galaxy
Immortal Hulk
Transformers

Minis:
Wildstorm
Batman who laughs
X-men Grand Design
Umbrella Academy
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

So really just 7 ongoing books. I have been up to 15 Monthlies in the past. I get a fair few tpbs as well.
I still buy a lot, but it's almost all digital. The only books I'm still collecting in print are any main title or miniseries with Spider-Man.
(04-13-2018, 05:23 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Ben, that was a pretty good post! Thanks!
Switch Friend Code: SW-3450-8782-7709
It's always been a steady number of ca. 35 to 40 titles, because that is where I set my budget at. There's one on-going monthly series I buy for the character (Spawn which is written in the tradition of pulps and who is like a modern version of The Shadow, but aren't they all), else it's limited series by several writers I buy (Los Bros Hernandez, the Laphams, and Garth Ennis, to name a few) and collected editions or OGNs, and the rest is filled up with new voices, because I've always been curious about discovering new writers or artists.

There's one budget for comics and one budget for books. Whether it's comics or books, it's all literature to me, and there are always new strong voices to discover and to support. Also, I'm more interested in supporting the creators who try to make a living today rather than creators who have died long ago (so I'd rather decide in favor of a new book than an archival collection).
i buy ~20-25 books a month; some are singles, some are trades. I don't collect any marvel or dc series anymore, though i'll pick up issues here and there.