Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cartoonist Kayfabe
Are you guys watching this? Ed Piskor, Jim Rugg, and sometimes Tom Scioli discussing comics. I'm not a podcast or vidcast or whatever you call it guy in general, but the last two episodes about The Dark Knight Returns have been fantastic.

I have been meaning to check it out.

Thanks!
[Image: PK2000_zps3l9lwfgk.jpg]
oh shit, i didnt even know this existed! thanks doc!
(03-19-2018, 09:13 PM)RedRonin Wrote: Bebop's so white he can't even dunk his cookies.
(08-03-2019, 08:29 PM)Thudpucker Wrote: This mass murder spree can be placed squarely at Trumps feet.
I tried it as a podcast and it doesn't work audio only. If they're branching away from Wizard (which was fun for a few but got old) I'll take a second look.
(05-15-2019, 12:19 PM)Adrian B AWESOME Wrote: I tried it as a podcast and it doesn't work audio only. If they're branching away from Wizard (which was fun for a few but got old) I'll take a second look.

Yeah, I didn't make it through any of the Wizard ones, but the DKR ones held my interest. They also did Akira, but I've never read that. Tom Scioli especially comes across as a really smart, insightful guy, but all of them have interesting things to say.
Tom Scioli is a God Damned American Treasure!
(03-19-2018, 09:13 PM)RedRonin Wrote: Bebop's so white he can't even dunk his cookies.
(08-03-2019, 08:29 PM)Thudpucker Wrote: This mass murder spree can be placed squarely at Trumps feet.
(05-15-2019, 12:40 PM)Dusto Wrote: Yeah, I didn't make it through any of the Wizard ones, but the DKR ones held my interest. They also did Akira, but I've never read that. Tom Scioli especially comes across as a really smart, insightful guy, but all of them have interesting things to say.

Tom Scioli is the dude in high school who listened to death metal and drew cartoons for the school paper that most ignored but had a steady cult following who looks like a washout punk but is the most mild mannered almost milquetoast nerd who is just the sweetest guy who now gets paid to do the shit he would be doing for free. He is a god.
(05-15-2019, 12:55 PM)Adrian B AWESOME Wrote: Tom Scioli is the dude in high school who listened to death metal and drew cartoons for the school paper that most ignored but had a steady cult following who looks like a washout punk but is the most mild mannered almost milquetoast nerd who is just the sweetest guy who now gets paid to do the shit he would be doing for free. He is a god.

I met him at one of the SPACE CONs I attended ages ago.  Super nice guy.  

He was pimpin' his The Myth of 8-Opus back when.
[Image: PK2000_zps3l9lwfgk.jpg]
(05-15-2019, 01:31 PM)TIP Wrote: I met him at one of the SPACE CONs I attended ages ago.  Super nice guy.  

The Myth of 8-Opus is great. I wish it were colour (hey, WillieLee), but it's good stuff. I'm still hoping we get "In Final Battle."
(05-15-2019, 01:31 PM)TIP Wrote: I met him at one of the SPACE CONs I attended ages ago.  Super nice guy.  

I met him a few times. Very sweet. I got JR a Scioli Godzilla at one of those cons. I think 2012, when American Barbarian was first released in hardcover.