Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spider-Man: Far From Home [Spoilers Thread]
(07-05-2019, 02:55 PM)Greygor Wrote: Has his Spider-sense ever been a thing in these new movies. I'm probably miss remembering. Is it just maybe part of growing up and he's now tuning into it more.

It was suggested in Infinity War.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=11718861]
It's been portrayed inconsistently thats for sure, it did seem to missing in Homecoming,

But in Civil war, during the fight with the Winter Soldier and Falcon he reacts and dodges a projectile.

I always took this be him using it. (about 4 mins in)

The above scene from Infinity War also indicates it.

Maybe the russo's just put more emphasis on it than Jon Watts.

For My No Prize attempt. I'll say that he mentions to Tony that his constume goggles were to dull the input when they first meet.

this caused him to not have the tingles as much. he's now been experimenting with the settings on Stark suits and letting in more data, leading to what we see in FFH.
Took my son to see this earlier today. Both of us dug it and agreed it was better than the first one.

The Raimi version of Spiderman 2 is still my favorite but this movie is a solid second place. The animated one is in its own league.

The biggest gripe about this one was Mysterio and his gangs motivation. All of that was pretty weak. What happened to bad guys just wanting to pull some kind of heist? I think the movie engrained Iron Man / Stark's legacy and affect on Parker's life enough without having to also incorporate it into the bad guy's motivation for whatever it was they were trying to pull off.

And I agree with what some have already said earlier in this thread, I hope the next movie isn't about Peter having to deal with the ramifications of his secret identity being revealed. But I can see them going that route because it could play into how Stark revealed his secret identity at the end of Iron Man.

One thing I hope we've seen the last of in this movies is that Iron Spider suit. It's both ugly and too much of a tech-crutch for Peter.
I enjoyed it.
(07-05-2019, 07:58 PM)WesleyCraigGreen Wrote: Took my son to see this earlier today. Both of us dug it and agreed it was better than the first one.

The Raimi version of Spiderman 2 is still my favorite but this movie is a solid second place. The animated one is in its own league.

The biggest gripe about this one was Mysterio and his gangs motivation. All of that was pretty weak. What happened to bad guys just wanting to pull some kind of heist? I think the movie engrained Iron Man / Stark's legacy and affect on Parker's life enough without having to also incorporate it into the bad guy's motivation for whatever it was they were trying to pull off.

And I agree with what some have already said earlier in this thread, I hope the next movie isn't about Peter having to deal with the ramifications of his secret identity being revealed. But I can see them going that route because it could play into how Stark revealed his secret identity at the end of Iron Man.

You don't think Mysterio's plan to boost EDITH (a great acronym) from Peter was "some kind of heist?"
[Image: 23hu877.gif]
I thought Rick Steves' Spider-Man sucked. This seemed like the kind of movie you get from a dying franchise.
(04-13-2018, 05:23 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Ben, that was a pretty good post! Thanks!
Switch Friend Code: SW-3450-8782-7709
(07-08-2019, 11:00 AM)Ben Wrote: I thought Rick Steves' Spider-Man sucked. This seemed like the kind of movie you get from a dying franchise.

Oh, I think it will always be kind of dying as long as Sony is involved.
(07-08-2019, 11:00 AM)Ben Wrote: I thought Rick Steves' Spider-Man sucked. This seemed like the kind of movie you get from a dying franchise.

It's not going anywhere as long as the majority liked it, looks like it's just not for you
(07-08-2019, 12:40 PM)Greygor Wrote: It's not going anywhere as long as the majority liked it, looks like it's just not for you

That much is clear. This is no country for old men.
(04-13-2018, 05:23 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Ben, that was a pretty good post! Thanks!
Switch Friend Code: SW-3450-8782-7709