Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spider-Man: Far From Home [Spoilers Thread]
(07-08-2019, 01:10 PM)Ben Wrote: That much is clear. This is no country for old men.

Well I'm old, and last time I looked I'm Men (or near enough) 

So no country for some old men seems to be the thing.

I liked it in the same way as I liked the Ultimate Spider-Man.

Its not the one I grew up with but its fun in its own right.
(07-08-2019, 01:14 PM)Greygor Wrote: Well I'm old, and last time I looked I'm Men (or near enough) 

So no country for some old men seems to be the thing.

I liked it in the same way as I liked the Ultimate Spider-Man.

Its not the one I grew up with but its fun in its own right.

It's bad Spider-Man. 

A good analogy would be if they make a Fantastic Four movie based on the Bill Jemas plan for the comic post-Waid and it turned out to be a super fun movie. Yeah, but it would be bad Fantastic Four.

Also, the "our character goes on an extravagant European vacation" is almost always a shit premise for a movie (unless the series is about vacations, like European Vacation), and this is just another example of that. It was so much nicer at the end when he was back in NYC, but then they go and fuck it up again with that mid-credits scene. Ugh.
(04-13-2018, 05:23 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Ben, that was a pretty good post! Thanks!
Switch Friend Code: SW-3450-8782-7709
I have no idea what Ben actually likes about Spider-Man other than Dan Slott.
What happened in the Jemas FF?
I can’t imagine it being worse than Waid.
(07-08-2019, 01:49 PM)Adrian B AWESOME Wrote: I have no idea what Ben actually likes about Spider-Man other than Dan Slott.

You rang?
[Image: 10.12.12DanSlottByLuigiNovi1.jpg]
[Image: PK2000_zps3l9lwfgk.jpg]
(07-08-2019, 01:49 PM)Adrian B AWESOME Wrote: I have no idea what Ben actually likes about Spider-Man other than Dan Slott.

Not Nick Fury. Not Happy fucking Hogan. Not hot Aunt May that seems more like his babysitter than a parental figure. Not publicly known identity. Not pointless side characters. Not everything being about Iron Man and only one blink-and-you-miss-it reference to Uncle Ben. Not him pining after a miserable-seeming girl that the movie made no effort to show why anyone would want to hang around in the first place. And not bald fucking J. Jonah Jameson!

The more I think about it, it was a legit bad movie. Like not even bad Spider-Man. It was just dumb. I'm glad all of you loved it, but I seriously don't get how low the standards have gotten for a good time.

I should've gone to see Toy Story instead.
(04-13-2018, 05:23 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Ben, that was a pretty good post! Thanks!
I liked Mysterio.
(07-08-2019, 02:53 PM)Ben Wrote: I liked Mysterio.

Well, of course!
[Image: PK2000_zps3l9lwfgk.jpg]
(07-08-2019, 01:20 PM)Ben Wrote: It's bad Spider-Man. 

A good analogy would be if they make a Fantastic Four movie based on the Bill Jemas plan for the comic post-Waid and it turned out to be a super fun movie. Yeah, but it would be bad Fantastic Four.

Also, the "our character goes on an extravagant European vacation" is almost always a shit premise for a movie (unless the series is about vacations, like European Vacation), and this is just another example of that. It was so much nicer at the end when he was back in NYC, but then they go and fuck it up again with that mid-credits scene. Ugh.

Nahh!!! Disagree, but carry on being grumpy, but for the future, just don't watch them, easy solution Smile

EDIT: It seems like I'm downplaying your complaints, its not intentional, you don't like it for reasons you have and that's valid. I just don't have the same issues, I loved both Homecoming and this.