Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood (The Thread)
Back when *I* worked here, we woulda had a thread for this movie, and it would be 19 pages long by now.

[Image: 938EgUx.jpg]
[Image: ZURFndf.jpg]
Rock
[Image: PK2000_zps3l9lwfgk.jpg]
I, for one, would love a four hour version of this film.
I thought it was a great flick. Also I had no idea Taco Bell has been around since 1962. For some reason I always thought Taco Bell started in the 1970s!
I get that feature length motion pictures still reign as the highest form of film art for a lot of people, but QT might be better off making mini series if he's got 4 hour cuts he'd prefer as his definitive vision.
I'm finally going to see this on Friday. I was supposed to see it last week, but in-law stuff got in the way. Sad
My favorite movie of the year so far. Will probably catch it again this coming week.

One thing that stuck out to me was how "nice" it was. I got the impression Tarantino was making it a point to show how differently people treated one another during that time period compared to today.

For example, during the ranch scene when Pitt went into the house on the ranch to check on its owner knowing he could either get ambushed when he goes in or when he comes out. Staying with this scene, Pitt talks to the ranch owner who thanks him (Pitt) for checking on him and that he's touched by him doing it.

Another example is the Sharon Tate character picking up the hitchhiker, dropping her off, and the two hugging. There's no other reason for that scene to be there except to show how nice the Tate character is and / or how it wasn't something out of the ordinary to pick up a hitchhiker just to give them a lift.

There are a couple of other scenes but, yeah, there are a lot of levels to this movie that only really hits you after you see it.

(08-06-2019, 02:12 PM)Your pal Jim Wrote: Back when *I* worked here, we woulda had a thread for this movie, and it would be 19 pages long by now.

[Image: 938EgUx.jpg]

I thought the Bird Flavor one was funny too.

(08-08-2019, 06:27 PM)WesleyCraigGreen Wrote: I thought the Bird Flavor one was funny too.

Here's hoping YPJ makes replicas of the entire Wolf's Tooth offerings!
(08-08-2019, 06:27 PM)WesleyCraigGreen Wrote: I thought the Bird Flavor one was funny too.

I liked the raccoon one the best