Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should i have Chris Claremont sign?
so i'm going to the NM Comic Expo tomorrow, and the only person i'm genuinly interested in meeting is Chris.  I've read XMen since i got into comics, have read the entire run and own at least a copy of all uncanny issues up to about three years ago.  My daughter's name is Katya, which is Colossus' pet name for Kitty Pryde....

I was going to go with Uncanny XMen 168(Professor X is a Jerk!) but am up to any other suggestions...
God Loves Man Kills if you have it?

I'd get him to sign my New Mutants Graphic Novel probably.
(03-19-2018, 09:13 PM)RedRonin Wrote: Bebop's so white he can't even dunk his cookies.
(08-03-2019, 08:29 PM)Thudpucker Wrote: This mass murder spree can be placed squarely at Trumps feet.
Ooh, great pick.

Obviously Giant Sized if you had it.

I'd also consider Lifedeath, Days of Future Past, God Loves Man Kills, or X-Men 1-3.
Oh or Demon Bear!
I was never actually a fan of God Loves...

The New Mutants is a good idea, and god i wish i had giant size 1. I'll probably take the New Mutants graphic novel, too Big Grin.
Last time I saw Claremont I asked him to sign Excalibur #16 and #17 (the John Carter on Mars issues) and he said those were two of his favorites. When I met Alan Davis he said the same, those two issues were the work Davis enjoyed drawing the most while at Marvel.

It's always fun when one of your favorite stories ends up being one of the creators favorite stories also.
when i got to meet Darrick Robertson, i asked for a sketch of the two headed cat from transmetro, and seeing his eyes light up for being asked to draw something he loves was so great. he told me it's always wolverine...

i may take the excalibur issues to get some of that Wink. thanks for the heads up!
(08-15-2019, 01:19 PM)tim nixon Wrote: when i got to meet Darrick Robertson, i asked for a sketch of the two headed cat from transmetro, and seeing his eyes light up for being asked to draw something he loves was so great.  he told me it's always wolverine...

i may take the excalibur issues to get some of that Wink.  thanks for the heads up!

Yes, that's it exactly. LOL

Everyone in his line always has the same Wolverine issues or the big hits like God Loves, Man Kills. He seemed happy enough to sign those and talk about them but I could tell he really liked seeing something different. 

Claremont loves Captain Britain. He started writing Captain Britain back in the 70's with Alan Davis and his love for the character, and of working with Alan Davis, is what made him convince Marvel to let him do Excalibur. There was no demand for that book, Excalibur only existed because Claremont really wanted to do it and made it happen.

So yeah, if you have a favorite Excalibur issue or storyline I think he'd be happy to see it.
Your left Butt Cheek. Or testicle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Your left tit- No, wait! Right tit!
[Image: 23hu877.gif]