Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Star Trek Thread
Seen it mentioned in other threads. But with the next film apparently going forward, it can have its own thread.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vi...k_20140917

The Hollywood Reporter Wrote:Zachary Quinto Says Third 'Star Trek' Will Be Shooting Within 6 Months
5:58 PM PDT 9/17/2014 by Graeme McMillan

Boldly going may begin again by spring 2015

The final frontier may be moving a little bit closer.

Appearing on NBC’s Today show, Zachary Quinto revealed that shooting for the third in the current Star Trek movie series may begin soon.

“I think it’s on the horizon,” Quinto said, adding that “things are rumbling, so I have a feeling that we will be in production sometime in the next six months.”

The third in the series will be the first without J.J. Abrams, who is busy with Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: Episode VII. It’s expected that Roberto Orci, who co-wrote the first two movies with Alex Kurtzman and this third with Patrick McKay and J.D. Payne, will step in as director on this installment, although Paramount has yet to officially comment on the matter (Last month, however, Simon Pegg, who plays Scotty in the series, seemingly confirmed the news during an interview with the BBC).

Orci confirmed with fan site TrekMovie that the first draft of the screenplay was finished in mid-August, and had previously stated that the movie will feature the characters “closer… to the original [television] series characters than you have ever seen,” with the crew of the Starship Enterprise finally out on their first five-year mission into deep space.

With production potentially starting by spring 2015, it would appear that the as-yet untitled Star Trek 3 is on target for release in time for the franchise’s 50th anniversary (the show debuted on Sept. 8, 1966).
[Image: 13084288_1099503796757568_47608651_n_zpse2yxzq3y.jpg]
Fuck those new movies!
(04-13-2018, 05:23 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Ben, that was a pretty good post! Thanks!
Switch Friend Code: SW-3450-8782-7709
Mmm, Star Trek.

There is a new Voyager novel coming out in a couple of weeks that I am looking forward to.
(09-18-2014, 08:03 AM)Ben Wrote: Fuck those new movies!

Eye Roll

OK, Sasha.
The new films are entertaining fluff. I barely remember them after leaving the theater. There's no real "meat" to them. And that's something I expect from a good Star Trek film.
(02-20-2016, 11:00 AM)Jason Wrote: Morty wept

(02-20-2016, 11:01 AM)LETTERS Wrote: Morty is Morty.
(09-18-2014, 08:23 AM)Adrian B AWESOME Wrote: Eye Roll

OK, Sasha.
They suck, and you suck for thinking they don't suck!
(04-13-2018, 05:23 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Ben, that was a pretty good post! Thanks!
Switch Friend Code: SW-3450-8782-7709
I have high hopes for this one. I really do.
(09-18-2014, 08:07 AM)Ryudo Wrote: Mmm, Star Trek.

There is a new Voyager novel coming out in a couple of weeks that I am looking forward to.

I'm sorry I thought you said you were looking forward to a new Star Trek novel and/or a new Voyager thing, but that couldn't be right.
(09-18-2014, 09:01 AM)mike.black Wrote: I have high hopes for this one. I really do.

Me too. It's going to be about Klingons. That's the most likely choice. And Klingons rule.
(09-18-2014, 08:33 AM)Ben Wrote: They suck, and you suck for thinking they don't suck!

The first one was a lot of fun (except for the dumbass balloon hands bit). I remember feeling like I was floating afterwards, the space stuff was so cool.

The second one was not great, but tolerable.
[Image: ZURFndf.jpg]