Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Star Trek Thread
(09-18-2014, 09:35 AM)Your pal Jim Wrote: When Season 7 is good, it's great! When it's bad, it's REALLY bad. There's very little middle ground. I'd say there's 4 excellent episodes.

You can tell there was a lot of family and nostalgia on the staff's minds. I count 12 episodes that deal with family members and moving on with/without them. Which is cool in theory, but I think they tanked every one of 'em.

So I don't necessarily think they were out of ideas, they just went in an ill-advised direction, with the best of intentions.

And really, the finale makes up for a lot of shortcomings, because holy shit, man.
(09-18-2014, 09:41 AM)Adrian B AWESOME Wrote: I like most of the movies (oof Nemesis...)! But let's not pretend most of them aren't just goofy, extended episodes! It's like people are complaining how the new flicks are empty calories, THEY'VE ALWAYS BEEN THAT!

I just prefer my empty calories to be well-made!
No, the original cast movies are not empty calories! Stop saying stupid shit like that.
(04-13-2018, 05:23 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Ben, that was a pretty good post! Thanks!
Switch Friend Code: SW-3450-8782-7709
Undiscovered Country is my pick for the best original crew movie.

Politics, good villains, and a good story... I was young at the time but I sincerely thought Kirk and McCoy were lost for good.
I can't wait for all the transwarp beaming in part 3!!!
(09-18-2014, 09:43 AM)Ben Wrote: No, the original cast movies are not empty calories! Stop saying stupid shit like that.

The Motion Picture and Final Frontier are not smart in the least!
I actually really like Nemesis. :Oops: I don't know what to tell you, it's a lot of fun for me. I like the themes, I like the action, I like it all. I actually don't understand why people DON'T like it. It's a TNG smorgasBorg!
[Image: ZURFndf.jpg]
(09-18-2014, 09:46 AM)Your pal Jim Wrote: I actually really like Nemesis. :Oops: I don't know what to tell you, it's a lot of fun for me. I like the themes, I like the action, I like it all. I actually don't understand why people DON'T like it. It's a TNG smorgasBorg!
It's ok, man! You goofed! It happens.
Parallels was the best episode of season 7. It had crazy-nerdy sci-fi, some action, and great character moments. It was quintessential Trek.
(02-20-2016, 11:00 AM)Jason Wrote: Morty wept

(02-20-2016, 11:01 AM)LETTERS Wrote: Morty is Morty.
(09-18-2014, 09:43 AM)Ryudo Wrote: Undiscovered Country is my pick for the best original crew movie.

Politics, good villains, and a good story...

I agree. It's a lot of fun and a worthy successor to II. The political themes were a lot of fun, too, especially at the time (end of the Cold War, thawing relations with Russia, Berlin Wall had recently come down, etc.).
[Image: ZURFndf.jpg]
(09-18-2014, 09:45 AM)Adrian B AWESOME Wrote: The Motion Picture and Final Frontier are not smart in the least!
They're smarter than you!
(04-13-2018, 05:23 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Ben, that was a pretty good post! Thanks!
Switch Friend Code: SW-3450-8782-7709