Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Image Comics - whats new, whats hot, whats not
Didnt see any general discussion thread for Image comics outside of the review thread. Thought a one stop shop for all the Image books would be nice.

I read pretty much just Image books these days, and a few other smaller press outfits like Oni.

Wytches looks to be really good from the preview I read. I wasn't wild about Severed, but this one looks much better.

Im currently reading and loving: Saga, Black Science, Peter Panzerfaust, Lazarus, East of West, Rat Queens, Sex Criminals, Alex and Ada and Manifest Destiny.

I liked the first volumes of Clone and Manhattan Projects enough to pick up the second volumes, but havent gotten to them yet and Im not yet decided.

I also have the Stray Bullets collection on my desk to read, as well as the first issue of Low.

I put Ody-C on my pull list. Will give the first issue a try.

Southern Bastards is worth your time and dollars.
(09-22-2014, 10:00 PM)Maggie Six Wrote: Southern Bastards is worth your time and dollars.

Ive heard that. I plan on picking up the first volume in trade.
(09-22-2014, 10:02 PM)Spiderham Wrote: Ive heard that. I plan on picking up the first volume in trade.

I feel that when all is said and done Southern Bastards will be his greatest work. It's personal and raw and just fantastic.

I'm biased because I grew up in the South so the story really resonates with me. But God damn that first arc is amazing and sets up for an epic story.
2 issues behind on it, but Manifest Destiny is great.

Southern Bastards is fantastic.

Also really enjoyed the first two issues of Imperial.

Third issue of Wicked + Divine was pretty bad so I haven't bothered to read issue 4 yet, will get around to it eventually.

Fade Out issue one was fantastic as well.
[Image: JasonWGBB007.png]
I'm reading Rat Queens, Velvet, Revival, The Wicked + The Divine, Rocket Girl, Pretty Deadly, God Hates Astronauts, Death Vigil, Trees and occasionally Spawn. I plan on reading Fatale, The Walking Dead and Astro City when I get the chance.
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison
I read mostly Image these days too. Of the stuff currently being published:

Rick Remender's 3 titles - Black Science, Deadly Class and Low. All 3 are excellent but Black Science in particular is insane. Loving it.

Alex + Ada - Jonathan Luna story about artificial intelligence. Slow paced and charming, I'm enjoying it.

Death Vigil - Not normally big on Goth-style stories but I'm a big fan of Stephan Sejic. So far it's been a lot of fun.

East of West - Epic story. It's probably the best comic being published right now at any publisher. That's how impressed I am by it.

Multiple Warheads - I love Brandon Grahams art. I hope he has plans to continue the story.

Nonplayer - Best first issue ever! Don't think issue two will ever come out though.

Saga - Not as good as it was during the first 12 or so issues but I'm still enjoying it.

Sheltered - morbid little story about survivalist kids who murder their parents because they think the World is ending. Lord of the Flies kind of story.

Sex Criminals - I love this book! Nothing out there like it.

Shuttered - Very strange story in the vein of Alan Moore's ABC comics line. Really good.

Trees - Not enjoying it that much but it's Warren Ellis so I'm hanging in there.

Wayward - The art is amazing and the story is interesting enough that I'll give it a few issues.

The Wicked + The Divine - Just started reading this story today and love it!

Titles that are losing me and on the bubble:

Drumhellar - It tries a bit too hard.

Manifest Destiny - Started strong but didn't like where the story went.

Pretty Deadly - I want to like it because of Emma Rios but the story isn't doing anything for me.

I'm probably forgetting some.
i'm currently reading:

Saga(duh)
Walking Dead(probably for too long now)
Southern Bastards(is this continuing with a different protagonist ala criminal?)
Low(new Remender with sweet art)
Black Science(Cool ass sci-fi with ever-changing scenery)
East of West(political apocalypse with some sci-fi)
Lazarus(duh)
Trees(Ellis)
Velvet(intrigue following a trained/retired money-poney).
I did my November DCBS today, and added the first issues of Fraction & Christian Ward's ODY-C, Kurt Busiek & Ben Dewey's Tooth & Claw, Ivan Brandon & Nic Klein's Drifter and Ray Fawkes' Intersect. Really looking forward to those.
I was TheKraken one time.