Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Image Comics - whats new, whats hot, whats not
Anyone read Nowhere Men?
[Image: 13084288_1099503796757568_47608651_n_zpse2yxzq3y.jpg]
Wytches #1 was pretty good.
"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison
(10-13-2014, 04:28 PM)Taxman Wrote: Anyone read Nowhere Men?

No one reads that because it's like 8 months late now. Heh.
(10-13-2014, 09:02 PM)HumphreyLee Wrote: No one reads that because it's like 8 months late now. Heh.

Someone must have read it while it was still current. LOL
I read it it and it and it was fantastic. Nate Bellagarde make a big post on tumblr (and maybe other places) explaining the delays.
(10-13-2014, 11:35 PM)JABSEN Wrote: I read it it and it and it was fantastic. Nate Bellagarde make a big post on tumblr (and maybe other places) explaining the delays.

I was reading one of the pros sections near the middle of the book. And I realized that this was a new type of literature that grew out of the Fab Four's impact on culture. This reminded me of the sea adventure horror comic from 'Watchmen'. Then I came to realize that a lot of things remained me of 'Watchmen'. The importance of events decades earlier, the estrangement of old companions, the way the pros built the back story, the people working in isolation, the central mystery, the thing from "space" being "transported" to Earth, the mastermind. It goes on and on.

I was blown away. What a brilliant reenvisionment of a masterpiece.
Anyone have opinions on MANIFEST DESTINY? I'm starting to pick up the first trades of books I missed the first time but that have good pop, like NAILBITER I bought last week.
(10-13-2014, 09:21 PM)(akaryanhoffman) Wrote: Much like many Fraction books, the second arc of Sex Criminals is losing me. It's trying waaaaaaaay to hard. It's not as clever or funny as it thinks it is.
I think the opposite. I felt like the first 5 issues were ok but obnoxious and I'm finding the new arc to be a lot more compelling and not just "LOOK HOW WELL I WRITE STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS!!!!!"
(10-16-2014, 12:45 PM)HumphreyLee Wrote: Anyone have opinions on MANIFEST DESTINY? I'm starting to pick up the first trades of books I missed the first time but that have good pop, like NAILBITER I bought last week.

Its one of the favorites here for both me and my girlfriend. We're both lovers of alt-history anyway, especially early Americana, so it's right up our alley, but whats really taken me by surprise on a consistent basis is how amazing the art is. Those boys are crushing it month in and out, and always inventing completely new and original creatures that have this tiny sliver of american lore/myth to them. I'm in it for the long haul on that one.
(10-13-2014, 09:21 PM)(akaryanhoffman) Wrote: Much like many Fraction books, the second arc of Sex Criminals is losing me. It's trying waaaaaaaay to hard. It's not as clever or funny as it thinks it is.

This is why I eventually just quit on anything with Fraction's name on it. I loved the first few issues of everything he did over a 3-4 year period and then hated the follow-up.

He's at his best doing short minis or one-offs (those Thor stories he did before he got a proper run on the main title and the Sensational Spider-Man Annual he did are probably my favorite stuff he's done) where he tells the story he wants to tell and doesn't have time to meander.

Except Fear Itself. To this day, I don't understand what the point of Fear Itself was.