Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The IDW / Oni / Dark Horse Thread
Transformers vs Gi joe. It's just great. Sicioli is doing some super interesting things on the art.

He posts process shots all the time on tumblr. It's great seeing that stuff.
Current Humble Bundle is Star Wars:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Anyone have any idea how much the loss of Star Wars will effect Dark Horse?
[Image: 13084288_1099503796757568_47608651_n_zpse2yxzq3y.jpg]
Dirk Gently Series!!!

Rock tober!
[Image: PK2000_zps3l9lwfgk.jpg]
From Darkhorse, Usagi Yojimbo Saga vol 1 just came out the past week. Over 600 pages from the start of the Dark Horse Usagi run. It's out in trade and HC, the latter I preordered and s/be in my upcoming DCBS shipment. The trade is really affordable for the size.

[Image: usagi-yojimbo-saga-vol-1-tp.jpg]
Sold!
I started a full Hellboy read through the other day. Wish I had the library editions, but I already had the TPB's 1-9, plus a lot of individual issues and specials.

I have The Lost Army and The Bones of Giants. Are any of the other novels worth buying? I know just the first two are canon.
Matt Kindt's Mind Mgmt from Dark Horse has been the must-read comic for the past couple of years. Love how it references his other work like 3-Story Man and The 2 Sisters.

I have Walt Simonson's IDW books but haven't gotten around to reading them just yet.

Wesley

Dark Horse Presents was pretty amazing this week including a brand new Sabretooth Swordsman story, a Kindt Mind MGMT short, the next chapter in the Ed Brisson (of Comeback and Sheltered) and Michael Walsh (Comeback and Secret Avengers) Murder Book...and my personal favorite, some work by Gustavo Duarte (who was just announced as artist/writer of Bizarro).

Oh and did I mention GROO!!
The 2014 Bram Stoker Award winner and nominees for Superior Achievement in a Graphic Novel:
  • Bad Blood, Jonathan Maberry & Tyler Crook (Dark Horse)
  • Through the Woods, Emily Carroll (McElderry)
  • Locke and Key: Vol. 6: Alpha and Omega, Joe Hill & Gabrielle Rodriguez (IDW)
  • I Tell You It’s Love, Joe R. Lansdale & Daniele Serra (Short, Scary Tales)
  • The Witcher, Paul Tobin (Dark Horse)
Our own JefUK has a book coming out from Oni starting this week (on ComiXology) with the print collection coming out next month next month.

Odd Schnozz and the Odd Squad

[Image: oddschnozzcover.jpg]

It's even got a soundtrack!
Quote:Leaping off the page and into your ears, music from the official Odd Schnozz and the Odd Squad soundtrack will be available with each new digital chapter release. Written by Jeffrey Burandt and keyboardist Peter Boiko, and performed by their Brooklyn-based scifi rock band Americans UK, a new track will release on OddSchnozz.com every Tuesday, beginning May 12th through June 23rd, when the full Odd Schnozz EP will be available.
http://onipress.tumblr.com/post/11845115...al-release
(04-13-2018, 05:23 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Ben, that was a pretty good post! Thanks!
Switch Friend Code: SW-3450-8782-7709