Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The IDW / Oni / Dark Horse Thread
(07-09-2019, 09:45 PM)FourColorFrenzy Wrote: Ahhh i tried that one.  really thought the art was not professional quality, so bailed.

I wouldn't let this stop me from enjoying it. Warren Ellis did several books for Avatar Press with artists that were merely functional. The way Magadalene Visaggio is pulling the rug from under our feet in Sex Death Revolution reminds me of David Lynch or Philip K. Dick.
I can't bring myself to do comics for the writing alone....never have. I need to connect to something in the art, and the art has to have basic levels of finish and storytelling that I feel make it professional quality, otherwise i could spend my days in the wild west of web comics and self published stuff...but there's only so much time in a day, and cuts have to be made somewhere. I appreciate the strong rec, but probably not for me.
(03-19-2018, 09:13 PM)RedRonin Wrote: Bebop's so white he can't even dunk his cookies.
(08-03-2019, 08:29 PM)Thudpucker Wrote: This mass murder spree can be placed squarely at Trumps feet.
(07-10-2019, 08:01 AM)FourColorFrenzy Wrote: I can't bring myself to do comics for the writing alone....never have.  I need to connect to something in the art, and the art has to have basic levels of finish and storytelling that I feel make it professional quality, otherwise i could spend my days in the wild west of web comics and self published stuff...but there's only so much time in a day, and cuts have to be made somewhere.  I appreciate the strong rec, but probably not for me.

I agree, if the art doesn't work for me it kills most of my interest in a comic. 

Luckily most of the comics with terrible art are the 'artsy' kind of slice of life stuff about sad sack losers wandering around a City and hating everything, or they're the bleak crime and horror stuff. Those aren't for me anyway. The stuff I love is the sci-fi and fantasy comics and those tend to attract the best artists because the scope and creativity of the stories require it.
I always suspected there was some kind of trick people use to limit the number of comics they buy... Wink

If you're looking for a comic with spectacular art and writing, Titan will publish Cromwell Stone by Andreas (no relation) in a one-volume edition.

That looks good!