Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Controversial Opinions Thread
(12-28-2014, 12:18 PM)Atomic Mortal Wrote: Khan was force-fitted into the story. There's no good reason for Cumberbatch's character to be Khan. He's Khan because Abrams wanted to put in a famous Trek villain.

Then they nerf Khan's presence by having admiral Marcus be a more despicable bad guy than Khan. Khan should always be the front and center bad guy.

Yup.
(12-28-2014, 12:18 PM)Atomic Mortal Wrote: Khan was force-fitted into the story. There's no good reason for Cumberbatch's character to be Khan. He's Khan because Abrams wanted to put in a famous Trek villain.

Then they nerf Khan's presence by having admiral Marcus be a more despicable bad guy than Khan. Khan should always be the front and center bad guy.

Agreed.

the whole relaunch has been familiar names stuck on new characters. why would Khan be any different ?
Whenever a young man is gunned down by cops, if the media mentions the age of the individual, they should also give the height and weight.
Also, when a young man is gunned down, maybe skip mentioning "race."
I would probably tell our teenagers, if I was asked, that it would be better for them not to get married.
Brian Defferding
Freelance Illustrator / Comic Self-Publisher
http://www.deftoons.com
(12-29-2014, 12:42 PM)8mm Wrote: Also, when a young man is gunned down, maybe skip mentioning "race."
"Because I don't want to have to deal with race issues in the country any more because I'm white and don't give a shit" is the end of that post.
Libraries that try to offer complete comic book series probably aren't using their limited funds efficently. It's better to stick to the first volumes or self-contained graphic novels.
I got one.

So I was invited to a wedding of a friend of a friend about four months away. It's in Boston, and when all is said and done, would probably be out $600-$1000 on this thing taking into account airfare, hotel, etc etc.

I went to five weddings this year, three of which were unavoidable as I was on the wedding parties and heck, I wanted to go to this, but man am I sick of weddings.

My own is happening sometime this year, and outside of my groomsmen and immediate family, I could give a rat's ass who's in the crowd.
A friend of a friend? I would decline and just send a gift.