Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Controversial Opinions Thread
(08-11-2019, 12:12 AM)Gunter Wrote: Endgame is my least favorite of the MCU movies. I think they totally botched it, and it really disappointed me.

Wow. I think the only thing I really dislike about it is the title. What were you hoping to see?
[Image: Marvel_s_Captain_America_Civil_War_-_Tra...ut3_f3.gif]
(08-11-2019, 12:49 AM)Dreaded Anomaly Wrote: Wow. I think the only thing I really dislike about it is the title. What were you hoping to see?

The biggest thing I had a problem with was bringing back the people who were gone five years later, into a world that’s moved on without them. Mostly because I knew it was an issue that wouldn’t be pursued further, and that was confirmed in Far From Home. I had a problem with their version of time travel. I pretty much hate time travel stories in general, because it’s rare to find one with consistent rules. 

I left the theater feeling let down.
(08-11-2019, 12:12 AM)Gunter Wrote: Endgame is my least favorite of the MCU movies. I think they totally botched it, and it really disappointed me.

[Image: vf22Ryd.gif]
(02-20-2016, 11:00 AM)Jason Wrote: Morty wept

(02-20-2016, 11:01 AM)LETTERS Wrote: Morty is Morty.
(08-11-2019, 01:00 AM)Atomic Mollusk Wrote: [Image: vf22Ryd.gif]

When I go controversial, I do it right.
I don't like the Fantastic Four. They are hands down the dullest superheroes produced by the big two. Their only saving grace is that they have amazing villains like Galactus (and Silver Surfer), Dr Doom, Super-skrull and Annihilus. Obviously the early comics benefit from amazing Kirby art, but the characters themselves are fucking terrible. I do like Valeria though, she is cool.
(08-11-2019, 05:03 AM)uz000 Wrote: I don't like the Fantastic Four. They are hands down the dullest superheroes produced by the big two. Their only saving grace is that they have amazing villains like Galactus (and Silver Surfer), Dr Doom, Super-skrull and Annihilus. Obviously the early comics benefit from amazing Kirby art, but the characters themselves are fucking terrible. I do like Valeria though, she is cool.

I think it really comes down to the creative team with them more than many other characters. Like you can always make Batman cool and you should always be able to cobble together a couple of good X Books and Spidey books without too much trouble even if it isn't a premiere creative team, but the FF need a really good writer to get there.
(08-11-2019, 06:05 AM)DougMac Wrote: I think it really comes down to the creative team with them more than many other characters. Like you can always make Batman cool and you should always be able to cobble together a couple of good X Books and Spidey books without too much trouble even if it isn't a premiere creative team, but the FF need a really good writer to get there.

I tried Hickman and Waid's runs on FF, neither grabbed me. Also the original Kirby Lee run. They just don't work for me. I hear Byrne and Simonson have good runs, but I don't care enough to even try them.

I suppose if Alan Moore wrote them they'd be good, but then I can just go read his Tom Strong run and get the same experience.
Incoming blasphemy...

As important and influential a book as Lee & Kirby's Fantastic Four was, it is marred by the extremely dated and sexist way Reed and Susan were written. It's very cringy reading parts of it now. And I don't mean by just 2019 standards, I think it feels dated by 1970s and 80s standards.

(08-11-2019, 08:29 AM)Atomic Mollusk Wrote: Incoming blasphemy...

As important and influential a book as Lee & Kirby's Fantastic Four was, it is marred by the extremely dated and sexist way Reed and Susan were written. It's very cringy reading parts of it now. And I don't mean by just 2019 standards, I think it feels dated by 1970s and 80s standards.

I don't know, if Sue had stayed in the kitchen maybe Namor wouldn't have noticed her? I mean what sort of woman carries on with an Atlantean king? I hear rumours he might even be a mutant!
Watching, Too Old to Die Young, and I actually like Miles Teller! Somehow, that stupid face of his works here!

Crazy