Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GLIP-GLOPS! All things RICK& MORTY Thread! (Spo Noilers)
What up my GLIP-GLOPS!

I'm going to be ambitious and pretend I'm going to curate this thread.

We discuss Adult Swim's The Adventures of Rick and Morty here.

Rixty Minutes is the best television I've seen this year (Hannibal, The Knick and Leftovers though).

Say things.
This show is amazing. Equal parts sci-fi and comedy with the occasional emotional moment. Could not be better.
I really like the Meeseeks episode (outside of the HUGE rape joke misfire) but Rixty Minutes is so fucking perfect. "I want my fucking enchiladas."

There's so many great cartoons the past decade. Rick and Morty, Bob's Burgers, Archer, Venture Bros., the Futurama and Bevis and Butthead revivals, Superjail, Adventure Time, Regular Show...we're in a great time for quality animation.
(09-07-2014, 09:00 PM)Matt Jay Wrote: This show is amazing. Equal parts sci-fi and comedy with the occasional emotional moment. Could not be better.

But the emotional moments are really fucking harsh. Like Rixty's "everyone dies."

Though I do love that ending. It caught me off guard the first time, even though it should have been obvious.

Also: Cronenberg as a noun (not a surname) and verb.
I definitely want to check this show out when it hits Blu-ray next month. I've heard nothing but great things.

(Hannibal, though. Man, that show captivates me. Beautifully troubling.)
[Image: yMOixta.jpg]
It's called Two Brothers.
(09-07-2014, 09:02 PM)Adrian B AWESOME Wrote: But the emotional moments are really fucking harsh. Like Rixty's "everyone dies."

Though I do love that ending. It caught me off guard the first time, even though it should have been obvious.

Also: Cronenberg as a noun (not a surname) and verb.

The whole show has an edgy, almost uncomfortable undercurrent. It's like Futurama does alot of the same stuff but does it in a very friendly, comforting way. This show comes at you like, well, a drunk relative.
(09-07-2014, 09:04 PM)Matt Jay Wrote: The whole show has an edgy, almost uncomfortable undercurrent. It's like Futurama does alot of the same stuff but does it in a very friendly, comforting way. This show comes at you like, well, Dan Harmon

Fixed.
The Stern Show love in the Zardoz tribute. The pizza/phone/chair/people dimension scrambles in The council of Ricks episode. The musical choices. The perfect guest talent. Season two can't come soon enough.
(09-07-2014, 09:02 PM)Sy-Klone Wrote: I definitely want to check this show out when it hits Blu-ray next month. I've heard nothing but great things.

(Hannibal, though. Man, that show captivates me. Beautifully troubling.)

Yeah, this. I meant to start watching and then didn't. So it's either somehow record a marathon or grab the Blu-Ray.