Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The Celebrity Death Megathread
What escaped Nazi scientists were her plastic surgeons?
[Image: shield_identicard_by_winterroseasfr-d3ez4ud.jpg]
I never care about the celebrity deaths but it was a moment of recognition for Joan Rivers.

I thought she still had it, she wasn't a trot-me-out and hope I say something funny like George Burns or *shiver* Groucho Marx were at the end.

But she was very vicious. On stage it worked because of the in-the-moment shock factor but she kept that going off-stage which could be uncomfortable.

So yeah, she was funny, did a lot of untouted charity work but I'm not going to get the vapors if people are snide about her death.
(09-04-2014, 11:32 PM)WillieLee Wrote: I never care about the celebrity deaths but it was a moment of recognition for Joan Rivers.

I thought she still had it, she wasn't a trot-me-out and hope I say something funny like George Burns or *shiver* Groucho Marx were at the end.

But she was very vicious. On stage it worked because of the in-the-moment shock factor but she kept that going off-stage which could be uncomfortable.

So yeah, she was funny, did a lot of untouted charity work but I'm not going to get the vapors if people are snide about her death.

She's hilarious.

And as vicious as she was with her comedy, I guarantee she'd want it in return now.
I mean, god. People need to grow a fucking pair.

I'm trying to think of a celebrity I love. Okay--Paul Mccartney.

You think I'm gonna fucking whine like a bitch when he dies and YPJ posts something like "He must have caught Ebony and Ivory! on the radio!"

I mean, jesus fuck. I still don't get those fucking weenies.
[Image: shield_identicard_by_winterroseasfr-d3ez4ud.jpg]
In the end? We all die. Except Hooks. He's a Highlander.

Joan was in her 80's. You can't call her death a tragedy. It was going to happen at some point. I'm sure when Betty White dies you'll see the internet explode into every tribute as well.

But death doesn't coat the deceased in teflon. Nor should it change what your current opinion is of them either. Some people liked Joan's body of work. Some thought she made her career a parody of itself. I fall into that category. I won't change that opinion of her just because she's dead now. There are many people out there that if you were to bring up Joan a few weeks back they might have made snide comments about her. But now? Their song has changed because she's dead.
I'll respect that she was a pioneer in her day and through the early 80's was on top of her game. But I can't say I like her body of work since then. And I'll joke about it. Because these are the same jokes I would have made weeks ago.

When I die? I hope my remaining friends and family makes jokes about me. Because I want them to. I know those who love me will still love me. And those who hate me will still hate me (Or fake liking me because I'm dead now). But I want them to make jokes because that's what I would have done if I was in their position.
(09-04-2014, 11:49 PM)Nat Purcell Wrote: I mean, god. People need to grow a fucking pair.

You think I'm gonna fucking whine like a bitch when he dies and YPJ posts something like "He must have caught Ebony and Ivory! on the radio!"

How about "Paul musta finally read the reviews for Give My Regards To Broad Street?"
[Image: ZURFndf.jpg]
(09-05-2014, 12:13 AM)Your pal Jim Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 11:49 PM)Nat Purcell Wrote: I mean, god. People need to grow a fucking pair.

How about "Paul musta finally read the reviews for Give My Regards To Broad Street?"

Bwa-ha-ha!!!
(09-05-2014, 12:05 AM)The Robot Lord of Tokyo Wrote: In the end? We all die. Except Hooks. He's a Highlander.

Joan was in her 80's. You can't call her death a tragedy. It was going to happen at some point. I'm sure when Betty White dies you'll see the internet explode into every tribute as well.

But death doesn't coat the deceased in teflon. Nor should it change what your current opinion is of them either. Some people liked Joan's body of work. Some thought she made her career a parody of itself. I fall into that category. I won't change that opinion of her just because she's dead now. There are many people out there that if you were to bring up Joan a few weeks back they might have made snide comments about her. But now? Their song has changed because she's dead.
I'll respect that she was a pioneer in her day and through the early 80's was on top of her game. But I can't say I like her body of work since then. And I'll joke about it. Because these are the same jokes I would have made weeks ago.

When I die? I hope my remaining friends and family makes jokes about me. Because I want them to. I know those who love me will still love me. And those who hate me will still hate me (Or fake liking me because I'm dead now). But I want them to make jokes because that's what I would have done if I was in their position.

I think Cleese's eulogy for Graham Chapman is a perfect example of this.

I wouldn't want people to not be allowed to joke after I die. That's asinine. I've done some fucked up and stupid stuff so far and I'm sure I'll do more before I pass. People should be allowed to joke around about them.
Joan Rivers was fine by me. Good people. And she looked good for a tupperware dish. I would probably not have had sex with her though, but that's because of her personality. I just think she would have been all bossy and mean about it. I'm not into that kind of thing.

Shit Joan says when I have tearful sex with her in my head:

"Oh, god are you even trying? Put some passion into it! Abe Vigoda could do a better job and I think he's dead!"

"Oh you're on your back again? We're doing this again for real? You spend more time on your back than Liza Minneli at a pill party!"
Someone should reach out to Zorn. I think it should be Aal.