Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The WTF Florida Thread Has Lost Its Innocence
Flordia is such a whacky place!
(03-28-2019, 05:51 PM)Atomic Mollusk Wrote: Slur-spewing white men open fire on biracial children as they walk to a gas station to buy candy

Ah they thought they were on drugs. Seems like a perfectly good reason to take out a gun and try to murder them.

What part of "war on drugs" don't you understand?
(04-13-2018, 05:23 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Ben, that was a pretty good post! Thanks!
Switch Friend Code: SW-3450-8782-7709
Florida man threatens to release army of turtles upon arrest: report
Quote:A Florida man is behind bars after threatening to destroy everyone with an army of turtles, according to a report by WKMG.

Thomas Devaney Lane, 61, is in Brevard County Jail and faces multiple charges of breaching the peace, misusing 911 and resisting an officer without violence, according to Brevard County Jail records.

Indialantic Police received seven calls about a man disturbing the peace Sunday at a Starbucks Coffee, Surfanista Cafe and Sassy Granny’s Smoothies along North Miramar Avenue.

Lane was taken to the police department where he threatened dispatch and then left the building, WKMG reported.

Lane called 911 while at a 7-Eleven and again threatened the dispatch officer.

He was later found in his car, where he forcibly was removed and arrested.

People think I've got the power cause I've got the turtles...
I've got the power because I'll let the monkeys loose...
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: Copia_de_Consomepanchi.gif]
Florida woman pulls gator from her yoga pants during a traffic stop in Punta Gorda

Quote:PUNTA GORDA, Fla. - A Florida woman pulled an alligator out of her yoga pants early Monday morning during a traffic stop.

Deputies pulled over the pickup truck she was riding in around 3:15 a.m. They saw it drive past a stop sign on Oil Well Road and turn onto Tamiami Trail without stopping, according to an incident report from the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office.

The 22-year-old man driving told deputies he and the woman were coming from the underpass of Oil Well Road, where they were trying to collect frogs and snakes, the report states. A deputy gave the driver a warning for the stop-sign violation and asked to see what wildlife they collected to make sure they did not have anything they weren't supposed to have.

The driver opened the bags near him, which contained clothes and personal items. The 25-year-old female passenger then opened the backpack at her feet, revealing 42 small three-striped mud turtles and one softshell turtle.

When Charlotte County deputies asked her if she had anything else on her person the deputies needed to know about, she pulled a foot-long alligator out of her yoga pants and placed it in the truck bed, according to the report.

The Florida Fish Wildlife and Conservation Commission received a call from CCSO around 3:50 a.m. and arrived at the scene to continue the investigation.

FWC said the two turtle species and the American alligator are native to Florida but are regulated. Thus, the driver and passenger were cited for having them and for violating bag limits for the reptiles. The reptiles were seized and released.
(02-20-2016, 11:00 AM)Jason Wrote: Morty wept

(02-20-2016, 11:01 AM)LETTERS Wrote: Morty is Morty.
Florida school principal removed after parent says he refused to call Holocaust 'factual'

Quote:Officials with the School District of Palm Beach County said William Latson, formally principal of Spanish River High School in West Palm Beach, Florida, had been reassigned "out of an abundance of concern" for students and staff.

School district officials did not disclose the entire email exchanged, but they said Latson, who served as the school's principal since 2011, "made a grave error in judgment" when he responded to an email last year from a parent who reportedly wanted to make sure that Holocaust education was a priority at Spanish River.

"Mr. Latson made a grave error in judgment in the verbiage he wrote in an email stating, 'I can't say the Holocaust is a factual, historical event because I am not in a position to do so as a school district employee,' the district said in a statement Monday. "In addition to being offensive, the principal's statement is not supported by either the School District Administration or the School Board."

It said Latson would be reassigned to a district position, effective immediately.

The district's decision followed a year-long investigation that it said began when the emails were first brought to the office's attention.

Officials said they previously instructed him to expand the Holocaust curriculum at Spanish River and ordered him to spend "several days at the United States Holocaust Museum to increase his personal knowledge."

"Despite these efforts, his leadership has become a major distraction for the school community," the statement said. "It is, therefore, in the best interest of students and the larger school community to reassign Mr. Latson to a District position."

An online petition calling for Latson’s removal had accumulated more than 6,000 signatures as of Monday morning, according to The Palm Beach Post, which received a copy of the email exchange though a public records request. The school has a large Jewish population.

“Not everyone believes the Holocaust happened," he said in one of the emails, according to The Palm Beach Post. “And you have your thoughts, but we are a public school and not all of our parents have the same beliefs.”

Latson told the outlet last week that he regretted his comments and said they “did not accurately reflect my professional and personal commitment to educating all students about the atrocities of the Holocaust.”

I'm more bothered that he was "reassigned" and not fired. The guy is mental and has no business being a part of a school district.

I wonder if this is still an ad campaign?[Image: ed1bb4886a694e1083e6864a4e9aa5fd.jpg]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
That's great!
Just think, they actually had to spend taxpayer money on a public service campaign to tell fathers that they shouldn't do that...

They were probably trying to avoid the famous George defense:

"Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, ‘cause I've worked in a lot of offices and I tell you people do that all the time."
(04-13-2018, 05:23 PM)r0cketfr0g Wrote: Ben, that was a pretty good post! Thanks!
Switch Friend Code: SW-3450-8782-7709